Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blackberry 101

Some time back, I got hooked on to the idea of switching to a Blackberry Smartphone in the midst of procrastinating for exam preparations. I think the very first thing that managed to catch my eye was the 'Push Email' function, and secondly, the Blackberry Messenger function (BBM), enabling one Blackberry user to BBM another for absolutely free.

I'm one of those people who can't stand it when others take 10000 years to reply emails, as I check my Inbox very, very regularly and reply all important e-mails pronto. Hence, a Blackberry would enable me to keep all my emails up to date, if I could just reply them any time I wanted from my phone. The plus point is that it is 'Push E-mail', meaning that the notification comes as a text msg (sort of), compared to other phones where you'd have to download the e-mail to be read.

I managed to spread my influence and sell the idea of how amazing a Blackberry was to Nicholas, who was instantly conned (HAHA) and went ahead and got a Blackberry even before I could. Pffttt. Well, on a more serious note, I DID do my research, and concluded that the swankiest 'IT Phone' to get was definitely the Blackberry Bold:



Given, I know the Blackberry Storm is newer, AND it is Blackberry's first Touch Screen phone, but I've read many reviews that describe the Storm's touch screen function as being not user-friendly compared to the iPhone's.

So I figured, why make life so difficult. I would be a nightmare with touch screen phones anyway. It took me ages to even figure out how to search someone's name and call that contact on my friend's iPhone, and despite the Apple Fan I am.....no one can deny that the Blackberry is a class above all else. Why else is it called a Smart Phone? ;)

And yes, I do realise that Blackberrys aren't the slimmest/thinnest/smallest phones in the market, but hey......what are our bags for anyway? ;) "Join the BB Clan", as Voon puts it, and Jump on the Bandwagon!

Looking forward to getting my Blackberry this August!!

4 comments:

daydreame said...

love the new skin! xo

Cherie Morwena Fen-Fung Voon said...

good girl. bbb is the way to go.

Jennifer said...

eh girl. i've jumped on the BB bandwagon. :P

-- shiNg -- said...

manda: thanks hun!!! i'll update soon and tty even sooner i hope ;)

voon: hahaha u taught me well!

jenn: WOOTS!!! :) BBM! which bb did u get???