Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Once upon a time, on the 20th of June....

...... the most amazing person in the world was born :)

On this day, 20/06/07, she turns the big 2-1.

Happy 21st Birthday, Manda!! You mean the world to me, and so much more.

You've had my back through all the dark days of endless whining and outburst of emotions where you seemed to demonstrate infinte patience and the greatest sense of empathy ever.

Through all the sticky moments where we would crack our heads on where to hold our annual NYE Celebration this year.... ;)


Through hilarious moments over Absolut Mandarin in Bar Zing and sniggering about Zhin, I, Bobi, Hide or Ina. Lol.


And through the fun times where we would talk on the phone for hours on end as though three years had not flown by in a glimpse since the days of sharing my table and gossiping during History class.

You know me inside out, even when I'm holding back things that cannot be put forth in coherent words, and you always ALWAYS understand me most. And when I realise that my days are flying by ever so quickly with each year being added on the calendar (and me feeling old in the process), when I hang out with you, I'm reminded ever so dearly of our High School days and how life could possibly have been so bright and shiny back then compared to now. And even if we have changed throughout this entire time, you have definitely not changed one bit as my bestest best friend :)



~~** To Utah, From Massachussetts....with Love :) ** ~~ LOL

Words cannot do justice as to how much your friendship has touched my life in the greatest of ways.....so off the top of my head, here are a few highlights that I will always keep in my heart wherever we may be....five, ten or even twenty years from now....

~* My 7th Birthday Party.....even though it ended in the most disastrous of ways and I still feel a little tinge of guilt since then, I'm glad it marked the beginning of our friendship :) Hehe.

~* Quadruple *ahem* 'dating'....with Yenny & Denise, and X,Y,Z & I. Hahahah. I remember the very first show we watched. Miss Congeniality. And even though, come to think of it now, it couldn't possibly have been any more awkard than that, LOL, it was one of the most FUN moments of my life. Not just because it was funny, but because you were there ;)

~* Phone conversations that last for hours on end. The latest one in my mind being our recent dissection of my 'outing' with Zhin. Hahahaha. To you I can yak on forever and ever as if time had stood still. I have only found one other person whom I can do that with....and yet at the end of the day, he is still nothing compared to you. Hehe *muacks*

~* Our 'compatriot-ly' games....hahaha, in the days where our footie knowledge could have challenged those of the ESPN presenters and stalking info of Hide and Ina online seemed to provide the dire entertainment needed in F4 and F5 while every Arsenal vs Liverpool match was exciting in every possible way (although the outcome was almost always the same). Lol.

Ahhhh, the nostalgia. Hehe. Despite how much I wish I could turn back the hands of time to that moment where seeing each other everyday in school was taken for granted, there is nothing I would trade for this. For how much of a pillar you have been to me and how our friendship has withstood the wear & tear of time only to remain very much like before.

So here's to 14 years of being friends, and many more to come :)

PS: Oooooh this provided me with the best form or procrastination possible. Sorry though, my picutre uploading thingy is weird, so more pics at a later date. Hahahah. Happy 21st Birthday, babes! And rmb.....I lurrrveeeeeee youuuu, bestie <3~>

No comments: