Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can You Hear Me?

Remember the last Euro? Man, time flies. I can still see myself arguing with hpy over scores, taunting each other's teams, and sitting in the West End, feeling my heart sink when Greece (of all ppl!!) kicked my beloved France out of the competition. Of course, after that I couldn't really be bothered to follow up with the finals.

This Euro is a weird one.

First off, I gave up on France during the last WC when they performed like crap to start with, somehow managed to worm their way into the Finals, and got trumped by Italy.

Which is partly why I didn't bother watching any matches this time around (besides exams of course =P). Because it looks like I wasn't really wrong about Les Bleus this time either. What with Zizou finally out of the picture and Henry warming the bench, and a possibly hopeless make-up of the rest of the team. Bleh.

And there is no England either. Thanks to well....no pushing the blame around. It still feels weird.

So with both teams out of the way, I am forced to heap my support on to another team. No, I am not favouring Italy. Well, not just for the reason that they already got trashed by the Netherlands, along with the fact that they happen to be in the Group of Death. Hahaha. Oops.

What clearer decision to make besides going for the stylish Spaniards? Heh. The team that Fernando Torres - Liverpool superstar is in....even though he has yet to shine. But worry not, he will.

My point?? I think I'm more interested in Euro '08's theme song by Enrique 'Can You Hear Me' than the new Euro champions.

Haha. I'm kidding. Maybe by hook or by crook, the team I'm supporting will win the Finals for once =P

No comments: