Thursday, September 06, 2012

"I don't ask for much..."

This quotation brings back fond memories in a context of inside jokes and much associated laughter. It used to be something I said with a tinge of dry humour. And yet, today it actually shone through. 

It has been a week of ups and downs. At times, I did feel as though I was being crushed to death under the weight of a zillion things. At others, it felt like things could flip between going perfectly well to suddenly catapulting into disaster and crashing down upon me. 

And then there are times like these that completely make my day:

1) Sliding in a cannula flawlessly when 2 different people had failed 4 times before me. 

2) My patient grasping my hands and telling me 'Thank You SOOO much, my dear. Thank You. You have been so kind."

3) Another telling me that 'your skirt is really pretty, my dear.' 

4) And one colleague commenting in response to another's "Ohhh Alyssa always looks like she's just walked straight out of a fashion magazine. Always!!" 

And the icing on the cake is that Friday looms tomorrow and in 24 hours I will be seeing these lovely ladies:



So in fact, I did mean what I said. I don't ask for much at all. And in fact, it never takes much to make me delirious with joy. 

OMG I absolutely can't wait for this weekend!! *BIMBOTIC SQUEAL* 

Plus, I have Monday off!!!! *STARJUMP*

No comments: