Saturday, October 05, 2013

One step at a time

A great deal has happened in the past week. 

From the top:

1) Met up with my favourite Kch girlies - one whom I had not seen for 5 years and the other whom I had not seen for 3. And yet our sporadic amounts of keeping in touch via text managed to make it seem as though nothing much had changed since our last encounter. 

2) Took a gamble at my ALS course on Thursday and Friday - note: read like three pages of the manual, winged my way through the MCQ in 20 minutes because I wanted to go out shopping in London and managed to make it through the real deal. 

3) Managed to not screw up my ALS practical session too badly after finding out that my MRCP Part 1 results had been released right before going in and that my friend had passed. 

4) PASSED MY MRCP PART 1!!!!! OMG it was unbelievable. I had to check three times and then almost deafened my mum on the phone. 

Bumped right into my Cardio Reg on the ward after screaming over the phone at my mum and after declaring to him that I had actually passed, he gave me a look and said "See, so all that drama and stress after the paper was for nothing!" 

To which I excitedly declared that now I want to be a Cardiologist again. 

My momentary act of drama after the exam was justified entirely, for the record. I had not been able to answer 60% of the Cardiology questions in the paper, and after bumping into my Cardio Reg on call, I had sworn off Cardio, telling him that I wanted to be a Dermatologist....oh wait, I would need MRCP for that too....no, I wanted to be an Orthopod now. Or maybe a chronic SHO. 

I was ecstatic for 12 whole hours and for a moment it seemed like maybe my Cardiology dream was attainable again. 

HELL YES. I will make it happen. Little by litle. One step at a time. 

For the time being, it is time to lose the MRCP pot belly and fat. And the breakouts. And cheer up because this could be the one good thing that is happening in my life for the moment. 

And start being serious about Part 2. 

No comments: