Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Manchester

I had been seriously considering hitting Selfridges or Harrods over the last Bank Holiday weekend to do some horrifying damage to my bank account, when Pei Hua brought up the idea of visiting Manchester. I pondered over the idea for a great many days until Yuan Lih got fed up and decided to make the choice for me of not going, but a sudden huge pang of missing Pei Hua and some rash decisions saw me chugging on the train to Manchester in the end.

Probably the best rash decision I have made EVER!

Manchester was heaps of fun....rain, wind and freezing weather aside. Kee Fong provided plenty of hysterical laughter opportunities throughout the entire trip (Thank You for your hospitality, my brother sent from heaven! Lol) and I had the most amazing time catching up with Pei Hua, with Kee Fong professing his amazement every now and then at how the two of us just couldn't stop talking. I had a good time talking to Daniel for one night as well, before he fled off to Preston the next day, and even managed to do some shopping (albeit very mild compared to the damage I might have done in London).


At San Carlo, which turned out to be a swanky Italian restaurant frequented by celebs, i.e mainly Man Utd footballers.
Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Michael Owen, Paul Scholes.....on the wall. Too bad I didn't see Rio in real life.

I miss Pei Hua already!!!
Found a new drinking buddy in Kee Fong. Too bad we didn't have much time to drink more.



It wasn't half as pricey as a place like this would cost in London, although Voon kept insisting that I have become some atas queen =P

And even saw Scooby Doo on the street! Hahahah

Overall, I had the best weekend getaway in AGES! The money forked out for the train tickets couldn't have been more well spent, and I had the most cushy accomodation at Hotel KF (aka Kee Fong's posh apartment).

Will definitely visit the windy, rainy city again one day...this time to Old Trafford (to throw eggs at it...hahaha I kid, I kid).

I left Manchester with the heaviest heart. It's times like these when you realise there will always be those friends you've found along the way who are irreplaceable in your heart.

Thanks for one of the best times of my life, Pei Hua and Kee Fong! xxx

No comments: