Saturday, June 05, 2010

The Road to Wimbledon


Continuing the sudden Tennis faze, my non-tennisplayer friends and I have been even more hooked on the game as of late. Well, don't blame me. I have always been an avid follower of Grand Slams - I can't say the same for the others. I'd like to think, like what LX said, that I sparked this trend, but then again, it wouldn't do to be THAT full of yourself, or anything like that.

With the Roland Garros rounding up and coming to a stylish end, I have started discarding my immense distaste of Rafa Nadal since this tournament. No one probably deserved to be at this Final more than he did, and he had emerged the strongest fighter amongst all the top-seeded players this time round, for sure.

I might even *GASP* consider watching him play Soderling in the Finals tomorrow - amidst my procrastination from digesting some real medical stuff (don't even get me started) - although I am pretty sure Rafa could probably just carry the trophy home right now.

MI (Myocardial Infarction, Heart Attack) Inducing Event of the week had to belong to Wednesday when Djoker crashed out on me right before my very eyes after I switched to watching Nadal's match because the streaming sucked and because I was quite certain that 'Djoker would be alright'.

Don't even get me started.

There were a few strokes of genius from the man (who was a shadow of his Australian Open '08 Champion Self) but generally, he failed to impress.

I have to say this again: ARRGGGHHHHH!!!

Okay, done. I am done clinging on to the past. Djoker is out. I will move on and look towards Wimbledon.

Despite the universal fact that I would be in the same city as this massive Grand Slam, and having known that for almost a year now, plus all those trips on the bus past Centre Court on the way back from GP and so forth - it had not fully sunk in until NOW.

Now I am excited! (Yes, kill me. I will do anything to procrastinate, including rave about a sport that I don't even play. Even the World Cup seems to fade in comparison. But we'll go there another day).

So....fastest fingers into play. Ticketmaster. Night before. Hyperventilate. Exams....what exams?

Centre Court, anyone? ;)

AND in collaboration with all the Tennis Festivities, it only seemed natural to come up with a Poll.

Who Is Your Favourite Tennis Player?

1 comment:

LX said...

Federer!!