Friday, September 24, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


This week has actually been alot more productive compared to the last. I started off the Monday with a good candidate as a Grand Round patient, managed to get almost all my WBA's signed off by today (Friday), and had a really good week overall - with Daisy, Lynn and Nenek last night, and my firmmate today. It's a little strange how I realise that I have ended up clicking best with this firmmate of mine, even though I was a little apprehensive at first, seeing as he was this orang putih guy whom I initially thought was a tad quiet and whom I had never known to exist before this.

Him: "No, we DO have the same phone." (I use a BB Curve 8900 and he, a Bold 9700).

Me: "No, look at the buttons. And also I use a Curve and you use a Bold."

Him: "What? Mine's a Curve and yours is a Bold?"

Me: Hahahahahahah!!!! (At his obvious lack of knowlege of Blackberrys)

He amuses me through and through. Not to mention his blurness does remind me of hpy at times. Oncology has not been fantabulous, but I will say that conversations with him are probably the best part of this whole rotation. Not to mention a nice dress sense. Ahhhh, crush-worthy - from a safe distance. Because I know he has a girlfriend. Well, cheap thrills :)

But we had a really good teaching session with the CT2 who had been on study break and was just recently back, and both managed to get a CEX signed off.

Good day :)

I hope my good days continue and that my mood will remain this elevated for a while. And seeing as I am anticipating a good weekend of Opera with Chekkie & Zen and a good luncheon with Daisy Hoo, I am pretty sure I will be okay.

Yet, I need to constantly remind myself that all demons of the mind are IN the mind itself and do not exist outside of it in real life.

Even if they are demons of your past, that you have cursed yourself a zillion times over for ever making that most stupid mistake of your life.

As hpy has constantly reminded me last year, that momentary blip in my life has probably forever tarnished my record AND my reputation. And yet I have moved on and put that part of my life behind.....with HUGE relief!

Ah well, I guess I always knew that she who has skeletons to hide in her closet will one day be found out eventually anyway.

No comments: