Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Mental Kick


Reading a friend's blog gave me a mental kick to make myself realise that I should not be wallowing and drowning further in my self-conjured rut before I could no longer save myself.

It took me a whole day of Acute Medicine on Friday at MAU to make myself aware that I had to buck up, or else I was already breaking the solemn promise I had made at the beginning of this academic year. Sure, Oncology perhaps was not the career of my dreams, yet I had to see a bright side to everything, and I had failed myself horribly by being frustrated about the wrong things, such as not having any Juniors on the team, hence the difficulty to get someone to even listen to a 5 minute history presentation.

Amazing how the mind could overpower someone so thoroughly.

I spent the weekend recuperating with a whole day of reading (NOT Medicine). It's been a while since I was this addicted to a novel, and 'The Lost Symbol' did just that. It wasn't fantabulous, mind you, but sometimes all you need is a quiet day at home, curled up in your bed with your favourite author and a mind void of all niggling, trivial matters.

EXCEPT!!! The ending failed to deliver!! It gave me a rather anti-climax feel, and I was left a bit bewildered. Perhaps my brain is rather slow (as always), or perhaps I just need to read it again! Daisy Hoo did not seem to agree with me.

Me: OMG! Ending sucks! I need to read it again.

DH: Hahahaah. Please! Read again also ending will not change okay!

Pffttt. I will prove you wrong......well, next weekend. When I have another of my quiet reading days.

For the moment, I really need to buck up tomorrow and get my Mojo back.

*psychs self* I Love Oncology. I will find my Grand Round patient tomorrow. I love Dr. B.

On another note, visited the Queen today. More on that another time ;)


1 comment:

LX said...

Vamos Shing! Today I forced myself to go to HASU.. thick skin to ask for a patient to clerk.. and got a ST3 to listen to my clerking and got a sign-off (PHEW!). I have 3 more clerkings to do... dying.....