Saturday, February 12, 2011

I swear I'm not a Shopaholic

But there are these few essentials that I just can't help falling for over and over again:

Flowery Prints.

On dresses, on shirts, on scarves, on headbands. You name it!! So much so that lately, I have been getting people pointing out a flowery shirt and going "That's so you", while my mum refers to Massimo Dutti as 'your favourite shop with your favourite flowery shirts'.

This one is by my one of my favourite designers of all time: the great man Matthew Williamson himself, and wayyyy out of my budget. Last year, I made an impulse purchase on a flowery maxi dress and found the occasion (as well as courage) to strut it out on these London streets. This year I might be looking to adding another piece to my collection. We'll see how fat I have become by then. Long flowy dresses certainly wouldn't be flattering on a dumpling.



Tapered / Twill Trousers!!

I find myself contradicting my own words on multiple accounts. Many years ago, I declared that skinny jeans were stupid - now they are the only kind I wear. When harem pants and tapered trousers first came out, I turned my nose up at them declaring them horrifyingly weird. I still have not drawn up courage to try on harem pants, but tapered pants - I LOVEEEE. I wear them as daily hospital / work wear as much as I can, and so far they have not failed to disappoint. Aspiring to purchase this pair above in this fabulous jazzy colour to welcome the warmer weather :)


Polka Dots:

I love these Polka-Dotted shorts above. Of course, again, wayyy out of my league in terms of price, but I have developed an incredible infatuation for polka dots as of late. Not to mention that shorts are my absolute FAVOURITE piece of clothing in my wardrobe and I could collect a pair in every single colour if I could - but polka dotted ones are just in a league of their own.

Also, if I had a choice and my daily outfits allowed the shorts/tights combo, I would find a wear to make every single outfit work. Unfortunately, hospitals aren't so welcoming. Neither is the image I am supposed to portray as a future doctor, hence I have tried many times to curb my addiction to city shorts. But be assured I will now be on the hunt for a similar pair :)

Yes, I know. So much for saving money and 'No More Shopping'.

No one believes me anymore, do they? Sigh....

No comments: