Monday, August 03, 2009

The One With Too Many Clothes

I know I must have said this about three million times.....each time I attempt to pack or attempt to clean up my closet, I am taken aback by the SHEER AMOUNT of clothes I own, and I give up halfway. Just as I am doing now. Halfway putting my clothes into my luggage (because Momo Voon called me 'siao' for not having started packing yet), I have not even reached the dresses section, touched my accessories or belts, forgotten about three pairs of jeans, and have only put in two measly pairs of shoes, and I'm already feeling defeated just looking at my bag.

SIGH.

I guess there is such a thing as having 'too many clothes for my own good' after all. Woogui begged to differ, intoning if there was such a thing as ever having too many clothes, but I think I am a gone case. I probably need some therapy or need to take drastic measures in clearing out my wardrobe to give to charity, because every time I find myself in this situation I swear never to shop again, but what d'ya know....the next freaking day, I have just bought myself a new dress.

I wonder what it would be like if I dressed in sack-like clothes all the time and wore the same monotonous combination of outfits day in and day out. Hmmm.

On another note, I just dug out a purple, flowered maxi dress I bought like a zillion years ago (okay it was 4 years), and had never gotten around to wearing, and was pleasantly surprised. Firstly because it actually looked pretty nice, although my mum frowned and pondered aloud as to how I was planning to walk around town in 'something like this' with straps criss-crossing all over the back.
And secondly, because Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie have been strutting these outfits around town all summer, and I've been meaning to try on one.

Talk about saving money AND more wardrobe space. Hur.

No comments: