Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Possimpible

In one of the episodes of 'How I Met Your Mother', Barney came up with the idea of making up his own combination of words to make new ones. My interpretation of his word 'Possimpible' was simply....making the impossible possible.

As mentioned before, I have become a sceptic when it comes to sappy love stories and fairytale endings. I have willed myself to become a realist and to read things as they are on the surface, never anything between the lines. I do not believe in far-fetched possibilities and about building a whole life in your heads when the now remains the now, and the future is something still intangible in the distance.

But there is something about listening to the stories of the people around you and seeing the exact situation you had deemed impossible, blossom into something so real in front of you, that brings up that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

It makes me smile to see that amidst all the backstabbing, bad-mouthing, superficial facades and so forth going on in this world, something as innocent as a foundation of love can overcome everything and remain standing till the end.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't change the fact that I am still very much a realist and a cynic when it comes to things like these.

But maybe....maybe once in a blue moon, there is that rare thing out there called a connection that can never be broken, come what may.

No comments: