Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thumbs Ups

The First Thumbs Up of the week could only have belonged to, none other than the Great Man himself, Roger Federer...officially the most Successful Player in Grand Slam History. Only with his resilience could he have defeated the amazing Rocket that Roddick was to reclaim his Wimbledon title, and he DID JUST THAT.

It was probably the most amazing tennis final of my life...towards the end I was screaming at the TV (and my brother thought Voon had indeed come over to watch it with me - she stood me up at the last minute - so I must have been making quite a bit of noise).

Second Thumbs Up
of the week in my book unexpectedly came about when I watched a series of MJ's videos on Videoscope Channel V only to notice that he WAS indeed a pretty incredible dancer, and very flexible at that.....erm in the past. Haha. After that I started becoming a tad addicted to 'Black or White' , and I even went and downloaded a bunch of his songs from all albums. In my defence, my dad was the one who voiced an interest in buying his albums, and I offered to pirate them for free ;)

Third Thumbs Up
goes out to Apple and the 13" Macbook Pro....soon to be mine :) I'm all jittery and a bundle of nerves....just like a stupid giggly school girl seeing her High School Crush. My fingers were itching today after I visited the store. Can't wait for tomorrow. Will write more about my Mac then.

My Fourth Thumbs Up goes out to a Primary School friend whom I had not kept in contact with in AGES and had not seen since I was last 11 (so go figure!)- I think the last time was when I was doing A-Levels at CC, and she was in Melb - but whom I had found again on Facebook recently, and who actually wrote me a really long message updating me on her life. It might sound cliched, but it really gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside!

And my final Thumbs Up of the week to round it all off goes out to my best fried Momo Voonie, because after spending a good half hour browsing through her blog entries on her panels and the road to Studio, I'm feeling rather defeated and inadequate, as to how my mind could never wrap itself around something like that to produce feasible work - give me 10 portfolios and OSCE's any day! I can't even bring myself to design my own gown to be custom-made, or anything fashion-related....lest buildings and layouts for a sustainable Melbourne. All thumbs up to you, girl! Really! I guess that is the main reason why I am not Alyssa Sim , Architect.

So that rounds off the things on my list which have deserved my Hats-Off this week! It's been a good one so far.

No comments: