Sunday, February 21, 2010

CNY'10

I have never been a very big fan of CNY. Firstly, post-High School, I spent a significant number of years not being at home for CNY. And even when I was in Malaysia during some rare occasions, my family would usually take vacation trips to Spore or KL or the likes, making it another shopping spree on my own accord. Haha.

Hence, this year, I couldn't really be bothered to do something very festive-related to get into the hype or the mood of ushering in the year of the Tiger. Trust me, I didn't even know what year it was until LX mentioned it a while before.

I did end up having a very nice reunion dinner with the CC people and my BFF Khoon who popped up after though, and an equally good Sunday night potluck at a friend's place although the whole night was tainted by formative OSCE preparations for the next day. It turned out to be unexpected, and a tad weird in many ways. Either way, I passed it, and gained much crucial knowledge about techniques of approaching some situations after.

Wednesday was much anticipated because it marked my first solo attempt at reproducing my version of Sarawak Laksa, much to JH's skepticism. It turned out pretty good, although evidently there wasn't that much hard work involved at all (my paste was instant muahaha) and all I had to do was stir in appropriate proportions of water and coconut milk.

And this was the end result. Much thanks to all the help from my Sous Chefs. Hehe. Much calorie-overdose on a Wednesday afternoon, but the company was awesome. As was dessert!

YL made absolutely scrumptious Tong Yuen for dessert in a ginger-based soup along with peanut paste for dipping the Tong Yuen in. Two thumbs up!! Mmmm :)

Friday was initially planned to be quiet time at home catching up on much-needed reading and attempting practice questions, but LX got conned into going for a society CNY dinner the night before, and I ended up going along as well. Deciding 2 hours before the event started AND getting ready in 20 minutes flat (Note: Hair, Makeup, Deciding my outfit) was definitely my achievement of the week. Anyone who knows me will understand how long a time I take to do my hair and choose an outfit before an event, so kudos to me for this one. Haha. Obviously, the outcome wasn't entirely flawless, but ah well....presentable to some extent.

Busy week indeed. And more happening a CNY celebration than I would have anticipated. Now for some much-needed mugging time to catch up.

1 comment:

LX said...

HAahahahha kenak conned!! But fun, right? Food was not that bad. Once a year, nevermind lah. :P