Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Joke of the Day


Sometimes I think God works in mysterious ways :)

I have been having horrible bouts of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), and although retail therapy did help slightly, this couldn't have come at a more suitable moment to brighten up my day......with laughter.

Just to recap, last week I had a mock OSCE which started off the week in the WORST possible way. Firstly because I had been horribly ill over the weekend and secondly because I was STILL ill when I went for it and was not prepared at all. And oh, did I forget the last reason? Because we were doing it with some people who were on their Paeds placement and did I mention that I know NOTHING about Paeds? The Paediatric examination station didn't help. I had never done one before and the kid would not stay still / was eating crisps!! I wanted to kill him at the end of it. And yes, I mean it literally.

I left the OSCE feeling horrible. Sure that I had flunked it grandly. Then SURPRISE there was a written MCQ paper to follow. Even better. True/False questions. Just my cup of tea. MORE Paeds questions....and to be fair, Medicine and Surgery as well. But just as terrible.

Today, I got the emailed results, and was expecting to see multiple FAILS all over the Word Document.

To my immense surprise, I:

1) Passed my written MCQ! ZOMG there must be a Cerulean tinge to the moon right now! Amidst all those Paeds questions and me hacking my lungs out, I managed to get a pretty decent pass.

2) Not only passed my OSCE too, but got this comment for my Paeds examination station:

'Demonstrated a perfect Paediatric examination. A natural Paediatrician in the making.'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. This sparked a good amount of uncontrollable laughter and I am still amused!

The whole world knows that I am not fond of Paeds. Or kids in general. I have not done it yet, and I even know that I will already hate it. Plus, I was almost in exasperation with the crisp-eating and a super sloppy respiratory examination. What can I say: the examiner must have been blind!

But works out well for me. Brightened up my day indeed!

HAHAHAAHA. What d'u think? Perhaps I should add Paediatrics to my (super short and super biased) list of career choices.

1 comment:

yenyen said...

aly!
paeds eh? hahah..
mayb u cud dress them up as ur models!
oh. n congrats! =)