Sunday, October 03, 2010

Heart-Stopping, Heart-Warming


So the last week of Gen Med passed by in the blink of an eye.

MAU was amazing, in more ways than one. The consultants, the pace of it, the many many teams bustling around, the way no one has time to speak more than the necessary 5 sentences to you, the way you think of yourself as being 'useful' by helping the On-Call team clerk patients first.

I love Acute Medicine. And was oh so pissed off initially when DB made me go to all the Onco MDT's etc after teaching because he was taking one whole day away from my MAU days! But I guess he made up for it after by going through all this incredible Cardio stuff with us. I haven't listened to an Ejection Systolic murmur in SO long. So hopefully more of that to come tomorrow.

And speaking of Cardio. I was catching up with a friend on Skype last week when she came up with this for me.

LOL. Call me cynical. Call me skeptical. But I guess it is easy to laugh it off now when you happen to not be the one in that position, hey?

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

So Cardio next, and then after that Gen Surg at this amazingly wonderful 'hole' at the end of the world named Epsom.

So the theme of this week shall be Hearts. Heart-stopping although it may not be, but perhaps it will be heart-warming at the very least.

Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery.... and I heart my neneks <3

So....heart-stopping palpitations, a drama-filled life, or the presence of someone who makes your heart flutter that much more......vs. the heart-warming familiarity of amazing friends.

Give me heart-warming ANY day. But know that true friends are irreplaceable, at the very least.

Thank God I found you.

No comments: