Monday, October 18, 2010

Not THAT Kind of Girl


Mini weekend getaway to the country.

AKA Lake District, Cumbria.

Was feeling extremely knackered all week and was wondering if I would be too exhausted to properly enjoy the outing, but again, I underestimated a trip with the kawans.

Beautiful place. Peaceful. Cold......BUT at least it wasn't raining. Very much welcomed from the hustle and bustle of London. When I was being jostled and shoved and almost knocked off my feet today in Victoria Station, I couldn't help but recall and embrace the lack of human capacity, where I could actually SEE miles and miles of unpopulated land at the Lakes.

Unfortunately, this was the response I got on two separate conversations after I got back.

#1:

hpy: How was the trip?

me: Good! Except we were hiking for 4 or 5 hours on the rocky footpath and my leg muscles AND feet hurt so much. Also I looked so damn out of place in my attire!

hpy: WHAT???? Just like Edinburgh?! Don't tell me you wore high heels!

me: *speechless* Why are you asking me the same question again?!

#2:

Jenn: Shing! How was Lake District?

Me: Good good. Really pretty! Except I wasn't exactly using proper footwear or gear and it was kinda tedious hiking for 4 hours!

Jenn: What improper footwear? Don't tell me you wore heels.

Me: OMG why is everyone asking me the same thing? Why would I wear heels to go hiking? Pffttt.

Jenn: HAHAHAHHA because you are sooooo predictable like that, Shing!

And this is coming from the two ppl who are supposedly the closest to me and have known me well for 7 whole years!

HMPH. I may like Minnie Mouse, and I like anything with a bow, and I wear heels on normal, non-hiking trips (because I am short!), and I do not own anything that is remotely North Face....but I am sooooooo not that kind of girl.

Pffttt.

Next purchases: Timberland boots, North Face parka, Deuter backpack. Watch this space!

In the meantime, here are some moments to remember:



Pssttt. Look at my shoes. Sneakers! No heels! I know my attire looks odd. But please ignore that. For the record, I had no idea we would be doing full blown hiking AND I have no proper outdoorsy clothes here with me in London.

And regular meetups with you are what keeps me sane throughout the year.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. And yes, I say Best Friends are Forever :)

No comments: