Saturday, January 08, 2011

Lady Lovely Locks

Unfortunate to say, I hardly could remember a time when my hair was NOT dyed and JUST black at that. I started dyeing my hair the moment I was 17 and liberated from the clenches of High School rules, and I have never turned back since.


2007-2008: From Brown with Red Highlights to a lighter Brown.

HOWEVER, there was a stint I had in 2009 - 2010 where I recoloured my hair to the darkest shade I could remember EVER, and left it untouched for a whole year and more.

That is pretty much my natural hair colour - which really isn't COMPLETELY black anyway.

Fast forward almost 6 months later, and my hair remained untouched.

At Wimbledon here, in June 2010.

Unfortunately, the resolution to keep my hair in its black, uncoloured state did not last very long. I voiced the idea to my mum about letting the rest of my hair grow out and discontinue the routine of retouching and dyeing, only to have her scoff aloud and veto the idea completely. Absurd, she protested. Completely not me.

Yes, now you see where I get my addiction to hair dyeing from. Fuelled from my very own mother, nonetheless.

So in Sept 2010 I went back to my 'Natural' state again:


And back in Kch over the X'mas Hols, I just HAD to dye my hair again. Involuntary, okay. It was growing out. Unfortunately, all I could do was tell my hairdresser that I wanted a darker colour, expecting him to show me an array of choices, but he went ahead and said he would deal with it. So I ended up not going any much darker, but possibly even lighter!

2011

But not to fret, I guess at the end of the day, coloured hair was ALWAYS me . As much as hpy always protested that he did not like it.

Ahhh.....when I look in the mirror, I see familiarity again!! :)

1 comment:

LX said...

So much so that the colour looks too natural on you - I often forget the fact that you have your hair dyed! Well done!!