Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Whole New Level

I have been getting more and more stoked about Grand Slams since the Roland Garros last year, and I have been fuelling my own 'addiction', so to say, even though I wish I could be a tenth as excited about Neurology and Medicine as I am about the on-goings in Melbourne Park.

A friend commented on how huge a fan of tennis LX and I appeared to be when, the moment we met each other on Monday, began talking about Henin's game, Djoker easily brushing his opponent aside and Roger's smooth sail through to Round 2.

Even more so, when I looked back at this, and fondly remembered that late afternoon I was seated in front of the TV back home and could follow my Djoker all the way to victory.

Now the time difference is so awkward, I can't even watch anything except Highlights. Bleh.

And as much as I say that my tennis life is now 'complete', and I don't really need to go to anymore Grand Slams, I am positively itching to be at Melbourne Park right now, and I remember all the nostalgia from Centre Court last year when I was drunk on anxiety, excitement, frantically checking Djoker's score on the scoreboard from Court No.1 and the whole atmosphere of just BEING in this famed place that I had seen so many times on TV.

Of course, a new season means new outfits!! And Maria Sharapova doesn't fail to disappoint yet again in this stunner of an outfit. Not to mention the immaculate colour coordination!!! I am no tennis fashionista, to be fair, and I don't even play the game properly, but Nike never fails to disappoint :)


On another note, I really REALLYYY wish I could have been there to watch Federer play against Gilles Simon. Argh! Such an exciting Round 2 match, at that. And I won't even be able to watch it on Live Streaming.

No comments: