Friday, January 14, 2011

Ortho UGHHHH

Sometimes I feel like I started off this journey with an entirely sure goal of the level of success I wanted to achieve and the kind of Doctor I would want to turn out to be.

Somewhere along this road, I realised it is one thing to have dreams, and another thing to be able to achieve them.

I remember a time in 2nd year when I would be nailing all the Musculoskeletal stuff and scoring near perfect marks in my Clinical Examinations in the OSCE's. Yesterday, in Orthopaedic Clinic, I realised I had never felt more incompetent in my life. So much so that I was sure the SpR was mentally killing me, or himself, for having had to bear with such a lousy student for the entire morning.

But I was glad I made myself go to that Clinic, in spite of my huge distaste for Orthopaedics, and even though I had already been done on Wednesday with everything. You gotta love what you hate eh?

Might even make myself go to the Orthopaedic Conference in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Buck Up, Shing. You're spiralling to depths that you don't even realise yourself. And now you don't have SAD to blame it for.

No comments: